Effective Date: September 28, 2020
This policy describes how Waev Technologies, Inc. (“Waev”) and its affiliates collect and use personal information to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services anywhere in the world. This policy specifically applies to:
• Viewers: users who view or interact with our applications
• Hosts: users who feature our applications in their venues
This policy also applies to those who provide information to Waev in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information Waev otherwise receives in connection with its services. All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places.
If you live in the United States or another country, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by Waev or its affiliates is:
Waev Technologies, Inc.
Questions, comments and complaints about Waev’s data practices can be submitted to Waev’s data protection office by contacting us on our website.
The Information We Collect
• Information that you provide to Waev, such as when you create your Waev account or enter information into our applications.
• Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
• Information from other sources, such as Waev partners and third parties that use Waev APIs.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Waev:
1. Information you provide
This may include:
• User profile: We collect information when you create or update your Waev account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), and photo. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Waev account.
• Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
• Contact information: We may collect contact information when you enter such information into our applications.
• User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Waev customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Waev.
2. Information created when you use our services
This may include:
• Location Information
Depending on the Waev services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
• If you are a venue or other partner, Waev collects location information when our applications are running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
• If you are a venue guest, Waev may collect location information when our applications are running in the foreground.
• Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our applications. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code or you use someone else’s promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
• Usage information
We collect information about how you interact with our applications. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
• Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
• Communications data
We enable users to communicate with Waev, each other and our advertisers through our applications, websites, and other services. For example, we enable viewers to enter their contact information into our applications to receive special offers from our advertisers. As a result, Waev receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. Waev may also use this information for customer support services, for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
3. Information from other sources
These may include:
• User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
• Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
• Waev business partners through which you create or access your Waev account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites who use Waev’s APIs or whose API Waev uses.
• Insurance providers (if you are a venue or other partner).
• Financial services providers (if you are a venue or other partner).
• Publicly available sources.
• Marketing service providers.
Waev may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
Waev uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features
Waev uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
• Create and update your account.
• Verify your identity.
• Enable location-based content. This includes serving advertisements based on the location of your device using our applications.
• Process or facilitate payments.
• To track and optimize your usage of our applications.
• Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you share profile information with another user, submit a compliment about a venue, refer a friend to Waev, or express interest in an advertising offer.
• Enable features to personalize your Waev account.
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Customer support
Waev uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
• Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
• Investigate and address your concerns
• Monitor and improve our customer support responses
3. Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate new solutions in connection with our services.
4. Communications among users
Waev uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users.
5. Communications from Waev
Waev may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Waev may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as a Waev user.
6. Communications from advertisers
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
When you submit your information to express interest in a particular advertiser’s offering, Waev may send such information to such advertiser to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Advertisers may also use this information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. Your information will not be shared in the event you opt-in via short-code program.
7. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Waev’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
• Authenticating users
• Remembering user preferences and settings
• Determining the popularity of content
• Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
• Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our Services.
For mobile users, you have controls in your device Operating System that enable you to choose whether to allow cookies, or share your advertising ID with companies like Waev or our advertising service providers.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Waev may share the information we collect:
1. With other users
• If you are a venue or other partner, we may share information with your guests including name, photo, and average rating provided by guests.
2. At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
• Other people at your request. For example, we may share your profile information or other information at your request.
• Waev business partners and advertisers. For example, if you request more information about an advertiser or promotional offering made by a third party, Waev may share your information with those third parties. This may include, business partners with whom Waev may partner with to deliver an advertisement, promotion, a contest or a specialized service, as well as other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, those with an API or service with which we integrate, or any other service companies. Your information will not be shared in the event you opt-in via short-code program.
3. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users — including through public forums such as blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
4. With Waev subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
5. With Waev service providers and business partners
Waev may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
• Payment processors and facilitators.
• Cloud storage providers.
• Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
• Data analytics providers.
• Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Waev or on Waev’s behalf.
• Vendors that assist Waev to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
• Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
• Insurance and financing partners.
6. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Waev may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, regulatory authorities, or other third parties as necessary to uphold our policies or to protect Waev’s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
7. With your consent
Waev may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
Waev requires user profile information in order to provide certain services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your Waev account.
Waev retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Waev’s services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, Waev takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time by contacting us.
Following such request, Waev deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, Waev may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Waev will delete your account as described above.
Waev may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if Waev closes a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Waev may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Waev account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
You may request that Waev:
• Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information Waev has collected about you and how it uses that information.
• Receive a copy of the information Waev has collected about you.
• Request correction of any inaccurate information that Waev has about you.
You can make these requests by contacting Waev on our website.
You may opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Waev by following the instructions in those messages, as well as replying STOP to any SMS message. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such important information about your account. In the event you opt-out via short-code program, we will no longer send you messages under such program.
Special Information For EU Users
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through our applications or through others means, such as email or SMS. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.